"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Endless Vistas

You could say the television screen is an endless vista, and that would be true, but before the television and the movie screen, there were skies, seas, and sandy beaches...

Which is where I went walking today ... sun and cool breeze in my face ... rivulets of water on my toes ... my brain on vacation, but thinking of a scene from the novel I'm writing, a time travel story, with maybe a castle from some bygone age ...

Looked something like this ...



How did I take this picture of the contents of my mind?

Easy ... I logged on to Sandcastles - a great online site, where you can create your ideal sandcastle, download it as wallpaper, and/or e-mail as a postcard to your friends...

The tools are so easy, a little child could use them. Our kids are a lot older than little children, but I'm still a kid at heart, and I found this free virtual-castle-building tool a breeze to use ... You choose your castle type, you pick the color, can add turrets and flags ... You have a selection of starfish, shells, and crabs for the beach (I was in a clean-slate mood, so I left the sand critters off camera). You can throw in a ball - as I did, because I like motion - or a pail and shovel.

But speaking of motion, I think I like the birds the best ... they looked just like the seagulls and magical rays of light I saw flying off into the sunset today...



No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv