"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Joke Come True: Wasps in Cookies...

You know, ever since I was a little kid, if I saw a fly land in someone's soup, or on a friend or family member's sandwich, I'd joke, "hey, a little extra protein, no charge"...

I seldom got more than grimaces in return.

Well, it seems I - and who knows how many others - may have been on to something. Take a look that videoclip below - wasp cookies are catching on in Japan!

Apparently, wasp has been an ingredient in some rice preparations in Japan for a long time, so making cookies with the insects didn't seem like that big a leap.

And - tada! - the wasp cookies are being touted for their protein content...

But my tongue is probably barbed enough ... I expect I'll be sticking to sushi for my exotic protein...

No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv