"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Welcome Back Keith Olbermann

I'm just watching Keith Olbermann, back on MSNBC's Countdown, after several days of being down and out with appendicitis ... and I gotta say how good it is to see him back on his show.

I by no means agree with all of Keith's positions and remarks. I especially took issue with his caustic attack on 24 last year, and I think his attacks on Bill O'Reilly sometimes are over the top. (But see my next blog post about O'Reilly's site giving away "Please Don't Taze Me, Bro" bumper stickers - a new low, even for O'Reilly.)

But whatever Keith's flaws, he provides a unique and much-needed commentary. Not only because it generally comes from the left (which I don't always agree with, either), but because it is sharp, outrageous, colorful, funny.

Alison Stewart does a good job as Keith's regular substitute, but you can see Keith's special contribution right there. Alison's content is the same as Keith's, her delivery is fine, but I laugh, gasp, or get angry a small fraction of the time I do when watching Keith Olbermann.

Welcome back, Keith, and keep up the good, infuriating work.

2 comments:

MC said...

I enjoy watching his show as well, though I wish he would have guests with contrary points of view sometimes.

Paul Levinson said...

Agree completely, Matt.

Fortunately, Infinite Regress doesn't suffer from that problem... :)

InfiniteRegress.tv