"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Graceless McCain: Obama Victorious Because of "Pundits and Party Elders"?

McCain is now speaking in Kenner, Louisiana. His view of Obama's victory tonight is that "Pundits and party elders have declared that Senator Obama will be my opponent."

Really? Last time I checked, it sure looked to me as if the American people decided, with their votes in the primary season just concluded.

McCain likely hopes he will pick up some of Hillary Clinton's supporters. Not likely - indeed, I don't see any of Hillary Clinton's supporters going for McCain, given his opposition to a woman's right to choose, not to mention his fervent view that the war in Iraq must be continued.

But it's good to see the Republicans starting their general election campaign against Obama with misstatement and misunderstanding. They will be that much easier to beat.

I'll be here with more very soon.

No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv