"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The L Word Meets Agatha Christie

Just two more upcoming episodes of The L Word - this week and next, on Showtime - so I thought I'd check in with another update.

The central story line in this last season is who killed Jenny - found floating in the pool, in classic hot 1940s Hollywood style, in the first scene of the first episode this year. As the season has unfolded, it's becoming clear that just about everyone and their grandmother has a reason to hate and kill Jenny. She shoots her mouth off to Helena's new love, and may have ruined it for her. She steals Alice's treatment, and sells it as a script for half a million dollars - I'll get back to that in a minute.

But, first, when you have a murder, and everyone has a motive, I can't help thinking like Agatha Christie that everyone's the murderer. That would be a satisfying ending - much as I can't quite see Tina and Bette joining in on any killing (but it's not impossible). The other possibility is Jenny killed herself. If I had to bet, I'd put my money on that...

But speaking of money, and back to Alice, I can't buy that Alice didn't go even more ballistic when she found out that Jenny stole and made a cool half mil on Alice's idea. Why didn't she call a lawyer? For that matter, how come Tina, who's in the business, didn't get a little more upset and involved in this, too? The same for Bette. Everyone reacts, a little, but no one goes really crazy, and no one does anything to help Alice.

I'll be looking forward to see how this all plays out in the final two episodes - and will miss The L Word when it's over.

See also The L-Word Returns for Final, Saucy Season

No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv