"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Falling Skies Second Season Finale

Falling Skies wrapped up its excellent second season on Sunday.   The last few episodes, especially, were outstanding, with these highlights -
  • the fake-out of getting to Charleston, and seemingly finding ruins, only to find a vibrant underground community of new United States
  • the fake-out after that of a misguided scholar in charge, on the path of undermining democracy and becoming a dictator of the new government
  • the surprise with the military - among its leaders and vis-a-vis the rebel skitters
On the other hand, I wasn't thrilled with the revelation of yet an additional alien at the end - it's beginning to get a little crowded in the alien species roster.

Hal being taken over by a (presumably and apparently) bad alien lizard or insert in the ear is an interesting development.  It didn't seem to hurt his father Tom, why?   Because it had been sent by a good alien, in contrast to Hal's by Karen?  Or, because it only entered Tom's eye and then left? (I can't recall - did it also go into Tom's ear?  - maybe one of them entered my brain, and that's why I can't recall.)

I also like Ann and Tom together, and Ann being pregnant, and Ben back in the fold at least for now.  All in all, a fine conclusion to a fine season, brimming with energy and possibilities.

See also Falling Skies Returns  ... Falling Skies 2.6: Ben's Motives

And see also Falling Skies 1.1-2 ... Falling Skies 1.3 meets Puppet Masters ... Falling Skies 1.4: Drizzle ... Falling Skies 1.5: Ben ... Falling Skies 1.6: Fifth Column ... Falling Skies 1.7: The Fate of Traitors ... Falling Skies 1.8: Weaver's Story ... Falling Skies Concludes First Season





What the critics said:

"As a genre-bending blend of police procedural and science fiction, The Silk Code delivers on its promises." -- Gerald Jonas, The New York Times Book Review

"As twisted as a double helix. " -- Wired

"D'Amato is an appealingly savvy character, and Levinson brings a great deal of invention to the endeavor." -- San Francisco Chronicle


                 Special Discount Coupons for Angie's List, Avis, Budget Car, eMusic





The Plot to Save Socrates

"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book




=old science fiction magazines for sale=

2 comments:

Alina said...

The finale was so excellent! I was actually angry when the 2nd Mass finally made it to Charleston and found ruins. My husband couldn’t help but poke fun at me, and offered to let me finish the finale on the TV in our family room since it’s bigger than the TV I was watching in the kitchen (I love that the Hopper let’s us start and stop a show at anyone of our TVs). I was thrilled to see that there was actually a Charleston and that Jamil’s death wasn’t in vain! I will agree with you that the finale is filled with many possibilities. I still can’t shake what one of my co-workers at Dish pointed out to me when we talked about the finale: How is it that a full-on Skitter can plant an eye-bug (bad alien lizard), and a harnessed human (Karen) can as well? This is probably the biggest question that I’m hoping is answered next season. Oh, and Tom’s eye-bug never went into his ear, he just complained about his eye hurting and then it was yanked out. So, no worries, there aren’t any bugs in your ears – lol!

Paul Levinson said...

Hey Alina - I assume you're spamming for Dish, but your comment's so good I'm going to leave it here anyway :)

InfiniteRegress.tv