And herewith a review of the last three episodes of Stranger Things, Season 1 -
- I say Season 1, because the ending certainly cries out for another season. That, and the justified popularity of Season 1, makes a second season a dead certainty - or maybe live certainty would be a better word, given the context.
- El aka Eleven is certainly alive in some form - why else would Hopper be leaving her favorite food for her out in the woods? And this of course opens a whole bunch of questions starting from what happened to her when she destroyed the monster, to why is she hiding in or near the woods?
- Will's being infected by the tentacled monster is the trite part of the ending, but it provides a good, dangerous foundation for things to come.
- Is Barb dead? Probably/maybe - I thought I saw her with a tentacle in her mouth, and no one as far as we know rescued her, but you never know.
- Dr. Brenner looks like he was killed, too - but without seeing a dismembered or eaten-before-our-eyes body, you never know about that, either.
Stranger Things also has a great sense of humor, with the riffs on Lando Calrission being my favorite in the concluding episodes. Bring on the next season already!
See also Stranger Things 1.1-1.5: Parallel Horror
more parallel worlds ... "flat-out fantastic" - Scifi and Scary