"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Monday, December 17, 2007

And the Winners in the Dexter Poster Contest Are....

As I announced here yesterday, Showtime gave me three cool, posters of Dexter that I'm just dying to give away. I received lots of email in response to the following question - which you had to answer correctly, to win one of three copies of the poster -

What 2007 motion picture bears a striking resemblance to Dexter - featuring a serial killer who is capable of powerful love for his family, attends AA meetings to keep his "addiction" at bay, and has a sarcastically commenting inner voice?


And most of the emails made good tries, but gave wrong answers, ranging from Sweeney Todd to Hannibal Lecter to Suspect Zero (the last not really a good guess at all, since that movie was in theaters in 2004).

But three readers did get the right answer. In order of my receipt of their response, they are:

1. Davin and Denise Ledbetter from Texas
2. Michele Hettel from Florida
3. Russ Glenn from Cambridge, England

A nice cross-section of erudite readers! Congratulations, all!

-oh - and the correct answer to the contest question:

Mr. Brooks - starring Kevin Costner in the title role, William Hurt as the alter-voice, and a very good cast. The movie is not as good as Dexter, I would say - but is nonetheless compelling and original in many ways, for this genre.

================================

Interested in another contest? One in which you could win a free copy of my time-travel, history, romance novel, The Plot to Save Socrates - all you have to is watch NBC's Journeyman, at 10pm Eastern tonight. First person to email me with the correct answer to an easy question regarding the show will get the novel. Details at
Extending The Plot to Save Socrates - Journeyman Contest. Best of luck with this!










The Plot to Save Socrates


"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book


more about The Plot to Save Socrates...

Get your own at Profile Pitstop.com



Read the first chapter of The Plot to Save Socrates
.... FREE!

4 comments:

dawn said...

This was a great ending , although I kindof wish they kept Leila around for another season. Have you noticed anyone who knows the real Dexter winds up dead, - his broken alter ego brother and now his soulmate. Next season will be very interesting, I can't wait to see where they go from here now that he is a master!!!

Paul Levinson said...

See, I know you'd come around the liking Lila at least a little, Dawn ... :)

So what's going to be our next joint television-watching venture?

The L-Word, The Wire - I'll be glued to both of those ...

And, of course, we have Lost, coming back at the end of January...

In the meantime, I hope you keep reading and commenting here. I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday and New Year's!

It's been a lot of fun talking to here the past six months, and I'm looking forward to more!

Paul

dawn said...

The Wire definetly, I think the best written show ever. I can't wait for Lost. I will always comment here we are friends for life. I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season and a great New Years.

Paul Levinson said...

:) I'm glad...

And, wow, you're right about The Wire ... ~when you walk through the garden, you betta watch your back...~

great song, great show...

InfiniteRegress.tv