- Albert is finally happy! Yes, he is - he likes the money he made with his and Delmond's and the all-star recording, and he's up for more.
- Janette's not only back in New Orleans - to open her own restaurant, this time with some strong money backing - but she's in bed with her sous-chef Jacques. Glad to see it - good for both of them.
- Davis is back on the air - at least, as a substitute host for a night. Otherwise, he's come to terms with his not be being a big star. He's still together with Annie - but I bet that she gets back with Sonny next year, and Janette has a least one roll with Davis.
- Sophia has come to terms with her father's suicide.
- LaDonna is finally back to her feisty self - getting to righteously beat on one of her vicious attackers. After meting out this justified piece of personal justice, she feels better about the bar and her patient husband.
- Toni and Terry seem pretty close to finished - at least, for now - after Terry rudely badgers Toni for some evidence in a murder. It's all for a good cause, but Toni doesn't know that.
- Nelson has to take a break from N.O. - his backer cuts him loose, because of his association with Oliver Thomas.
- Speaking of which, the Councilman is out of the race for Mayor, and arrested for bribery, just as happened in real life.
It was a good season - not as exciting as the first season, but weaving together an engrossing set of stories. And the music was always great. In fact, for this last episode, I have no favorite, because I loved them all - every swinging performance - especially the dazzling work at the Jazz Fest.
I'll see you here next year. (By the way, I didn't get a chance to review last week's episode, but I liked it just fine.)
See also Treme Is Back! ... Treme 2.2: Bounce and Jazz ... Treme 2.3: Crime and Music ... Treme 2.4: Angry Albert ... Treme 2.5: "Today I'm Gonna Write a Song" ... Treme 2.6: "Phil Ochs Said" ... Treme 2.7: "One-Murder Mardis Gras" ... Treme 2.8: Antoine's Music ... Treme 2.9: Pied Pipers
And also Treme! ... Treme 1.2: "If you ain't been to heaven" ... Treme 1.3: Fine Sweet and Sour ... Treme 1.4: New Orleans, New York, Nashville ... Treme 1.5: Delicious! ... Treme 1.8: Passions and Dreams ... Treme 1.9: Creighton ... Treme Season One Finale: Happy Sad Life
And: My Favorite Moment in Treme (Season One)
Special Discount Coupons for Angie's List, Avis, Budget Car, Garden.com, eMusic
The Plot to Save Socrates
"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News
"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book