"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Monday, June 23, 2008

Brand New Interview with Me

Just posted ... I cover everything from why Obama is grounds for optimism, the future of radio, new new media, and why writing science fiction and nonfiction is not much different for me...

3 comments:

dawn said...

Hi Paul,
Good interview, I would like your opinion on something , I don't know if you evered posted on this before. I have friends in the blogsphere who have become 9/11 conspiracy thinkers. I can't understand how they could think we did this to ourselves. It actually blows my mind. I want to know how you feel on this subject being thew only professor I know. Thanks

dawn

Paul Levinson said...

I think that were there any truth to the conspiracy theories (that our own government brought down the Twin Towers), that the loved ones of those who died on 9/11 would long ago have been up in arms against our government, and mainstream media would have given this constant coverage.

Until that happens, I don't believe a word of what the conspiracy theorists are saying. (I'm more than willing to believe that government lied to us, and may have covered things up about its own ineptitude in dealing with 9/11, before and after, but not that our own government set of the explosions that brought down the Twin Towers.)

dawn said...

I thought I was crazy but I feel the same as you, why is so easy for Americans to believe such garbage. Thanks for your opinion

InfiniteRegress.tv