"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Monday, April 30, 2007

24 Season 6: Hr 20: Secy Heller - Take Your Attitude...

I knew Lisa Miller was not to be trusted! First, she's played by Kari Matchett, who last played a woman taken over by some sea creature alien from outerspace on Invasion last year. She was perfect and excellent in that role. So I was naturally suspicious as soon as she stepped off the plane with VP Daniels - the one and only Powers Boothe - on 24 this season, I can't remember exactly how many hours ago.

And, sure enough, she's sleeping with Stargate's Michael Shanks, who's some kind of bad guy giving info to the Russians. I'm still suspecting Jack's father is somehow involved. And now that Daniels and Lennox have Lisa working for them, we should find out soon.

Meanwhile ... Audrey's catatonic (I'm sorry, but for my money, she always seemed a little catatonic even in the best of circumstances). Nadia, who has taken over from Buchanan, at first is willing to let some robotic, overweening shrink "shock" her back to reality - even though the treatment could kill her. Doyle shows he's a good guy, helps Jack get Audrey away from the shrink, and Audrey is able to give Jack one useful piece of information. But just as things might be getting a tiny bit better, William Devane - former Secretary Heller, Audrey's father - comes in to CTU and lays an attitude on Jack - stay away from my daughter... you're cursed, Jack ... everything you touch winds up dying ...

Sheesh - doesn't Heller remember that Jack saved his and Audrey's lives two years ago, when Jack called Tony and the two shot their way out of a garage or something and saved Heller and Audrey? And didn't Heller make some serious errors last year?

You know what?

I'll be happy to see definitely Audrey and maybe Heller go, too.

Jack's sister-in-law - Graem's widow - was in the coming attractions. She's by far the best for Jack. Though, Kate Warner from Season 2 would be fine, too...

Useful links:

listen to 3-min podcast of this review at Levinson news clips

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet because I live on the west coast, however, I have to disagree with you that Jack's sister-in-law is the best for him. YUCK! No chemistry at all. I think Jack and Audrey have an amazing chemistry and would love to see them happily together, although I doubt that will happen. Kate, from season 2, was no match for Audrey, but even she would be better for Jack than his sister-in-law. I would rather see him forever alone than with her!

Paul Levinson said...

I don't know ... to me, Audrey whines way too much for Jack ... :)

MC said...

Well the fact that Graem's widow has already been marked by tragedy of the Bauer variety makes her a little bit safer. Just a little bit.

Paul Levinson said...

Great to have your comment, Matt -

yeah, about Graem's widow ... and there's something about her that draws Jack to her...

MC said...

I think there was a competition for her affections between the brothers Bauer in the past, and she always longed for him.

I am sort of surprised you didn't mention the continuing rift between the O'Brians.

Paul Levinson said...

I'm saving Chloe and Morris for next week ...:)

Actually, I do have a feeling that one of them is going to play a major role in the Chinese attempt to get someone to fix that code...

MC said...

See, I was thinking it was going to be Philip Bauer who was going to be the go to guy on that.

Paul Levinson said...

Jack's father is a definitely a good thought for this...

Anonymous said...

ew, i dont like Jacks sister-in-law or Kate, i think he needs to find a fresh new face lol. & what happened to President Logan? lol. ive got to admit....idk how they keep making amazing seasons like they are. I dont want this season to enddd lol

InfiniteRegress.tv