"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Monday, August 31, 2009

Illusion, Eisenhower, and Texting in True Blood

The best moment in last night's True Blood 2.11 was Bill threatening Eric about Sookie. This red hot triangle is the heart and soul of the season.

Bill's meeting the Queen was also pretty good. I especially liked her entourage standing by the pool, and she had a good line about Eisenhower. And also a more or less complete explanation of what Maryann is, and some hints for Bill about how to combat the Dionysian psycho.

Back in Bon Temps, it was nice to hear Sookie complain about the five hours it took her phone to receive Bill's text message - nice, because it's gratifying to know that not only we humans in the real world have these problems, so do vampires and mind readers in this alternate world down South.

But Maryann is no joking matter, as the tension ratchets up for the season finale in two weeks. She's recaptured Tara, and now Lafayette has bedazzled eyes, too. This leaves just Sam and Sookie, Jason and Andy, to combat her. But Bill's on his way back, and Eric will no doubt be in this battle. How will they prevail over the immortal maenad?

The Queen said something about illusion....

See also Love and True Blood in the Air and Likes Coming Together in True Blood and True Blood Boiling and Godric, Eric, and Sookie on the Roof and Maryann vs. the Good in True Blood








5-min podcast review of True Blood






The Plot to Save Socrates


"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book


more about The Plot to Save Socrates...

Get your own at Profile Pitstop.com



Read the first chapter of The Plot to Save Socrates
.... FREE!

7 comments:

Thundy said...

Sir, have you read the Harris books that True Blood is based on? I think my favorite scene last night was also Bill and Eric's exchange outside of the Queen's house - I especially enjoyed Eric fixing his hair after his "flight".

Paul Levinson said...

Nope, I haven't - I'm trying to enjoy the television on its own terms...

Welcome to Infinite Regress, Thundy!

dawn said...

Funny you say that Paul,
I read so many books but not this series because I wanted to enjoy it too. I thought Erics comment on the teacups people was adorable but I fear Sam or Lafeyette will die in the finally. I hope not, Tara's not my favorite right now

Marz's Bar said...

Wonderful blog!
I agree, my favourite part of the episode was the Bill /Eric exchange. But I always find their exchanges amusing. I personally found the Queen annoying; I didn't think that the actress had enough of a presence to play a vampire that wields so much power. I'm hoping her performance in the finale will change my opinion of her though.

Paul Levinson said...

Thank you, Mar - and welcome to Infinite Regress. I agree with your analysis completely! :)

Dawn - yeah, it would be unfortunate to lose any of them. Andy could also perish in the finale battle.

Thundy said...

I cannot wait to read your take on tonight's Season Finale.

Paul Levinson said...

Thanks - it's up now. Over here.

InfiniteRegress.tv