"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Heroes Season 2 Episode 3: Hanging Questions

This Monday's episode (3) of Heroes on NBC was in many ways excellent. Good to see Claire getting a super-powered boyfriend, Sylar back in his evil business (if not recuperated in his evil powers), Nikki back in any kind of business (and I don't believe D. L.'s dead), and Hiro and Peter moving along well in their (separate) new stories.

I especially enjoyed Hiro's messages to Ando from the past, and the danger that Mr. Bennet now seems to be...

But I'd like to see a few more answers, already, about how Peter and Nathan survived that explosion in the sky. For that matter, even Sylar's survival - "scraped off the street" by illusion-casting Candice - is in want of more explanation.

Presumably this information will be revealed as the series proceeds. But I'd enjoy the excellent new stories more if I knew a little more about how characters who are supposed to be dead ended up alive and (more or less) well.







3 minute podcast of this review

Review of other Season 2 Heroes: Episode 1 ... 2 ... 4 ... 7 ... 9. How Immutable Are Fate and Isaac's Paintings? ... 10. Penultimate in Fall ... 11. My Predictions Last Week Were Right!







The Plot to Save Socrates


"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book

2 comments:

Capcom said...

Agreed! I thought that maybe I had missed the first three episodes, I felt so lost. I am very much enjoying the Hiro story though, mostly because I'm a historical-Japan-o-phile. I hope that they start showing flashbacks or something to help us understand how everything is so hunky-dory for everyone now.

Anonymous said...

They do start off with a lot of mysteries this season...

I'm actually very intrigued about the new twin pair in latin america and about the significance of their power. Might be the right kind of evil (and good) to fight an even bigger evil - also associated with eyes in the drawings of Molly.

The message from the past was nice, but had some logical issues in my opinion, as Hiro hides the papers in the sword and then the voice over decides that he can't come home yet. It was more spontaneous thought than something you write down... But well - time travel does always have its obvious snags.

By the way, Paul, have you seen the new "Pushing Daisies" series on ABC? It airs Wednsdays at 8 and I would love to see it appaer on your blog! This has three reasons: Firstly, I value your opinions and thoughts on the other shows and would like to see what you make of this one (it ressembles Tim Burton films in many ways...). I would hate it if the show got cancelled and therefore I have to spread the word and get more people watching. And last but not least, I think you'd love it.

Check it out!

greetings from Germany,
Sven.

InfiniteRegress.tv