"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Blast from the Past: A 1972 Letter from Me About My Album, Twice Upon A Rhyme



Well, you can't say I wasn't always pitchin' ... Here's a copy of a letter I wrote to some guy Allen back in 1972, plugging my brand new album, Twice Upon A Rhyme, which apparently was being played on some perceptive radio station in Syracuse...

Twice Upon A Rhyme, front coverTwice Upon A Rhyme, back, PL in middle

My wife Tina spotted the letter on eBay. She was my girlfriend back then.

Here's a cut from the album: The Lama Will Be Late This Year

PS: I just discovered that the "Don Bombard" I mention in the last paragraph of my 1972 letter is in fact WCBS-FM's Bob Shannon! I was in touch with Bob, briefly, in the early 1990s, but had no idea...

1 comment:

Capcom said...

This is neat. Like digging up a time capsule that you didn't know, or remember, that you had buried. :-)

InfiniteRegress.tv