Monday, September 10, 2007

Bill O'Reilly and Ron Paul

I just saw Bill O'Reilly walk all over Ron Paul on Fox News. O'Reilly did this in his customary way - talking over his guest, not letting Ron Paul finish his answers, using his guest as a platform to pound out the views that O'Reilly had before the interview even began.

I've been a guest on O'Reilly's Factor three times, and it's not easy. You have to wait for your moment, get your own lines in, be willing to talk over O'Reilly yourself - in other words, not be bound by the usual rules of courteous discourse, because O'Reilly isn't.

What Ron Paul should have said is the war is unconstitutional, and does O'Reilly want America to be violating its own Constitution by continuing to fight a war we did not even declare. That's the essence of Ron Paul's position.

I'd like to see O'Reilly go head-to-head with someone who will make this point. I'm volunteering my services, and am e-mailing this blog post to O'Reilly's producer.

I'll keep you posted, but don't hold your breath.
Post a Comment
InfiniteRegress.tv