"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

24 Season 7: I Think Janis May Be the Mole

I'm going to go out a limb here, and make a prediction about the identity of the bad guy mole working in the FBI:

I think it may well be Janis Gold, which would make her the bad girl...

I get to this by process of elimination:

Larry Moss, head of the unit, at first seemed the logical choice. But he seems genuinely wanting to get the bad guys. I suppose it could just be that he loves Renee, and doesn't want to see her killed, but his commitment to working on the right side seems a little more than this. Anyway, he's still my second choice.

Sean is acting guilty as hell - which sets up a red flag for me that he isn't the mole.

Which leaves Janis. Unlike Chloe, Janis has yet to do anything really extraordinary for our side. So I'm guessing she's the one...

Well see in the weeks/hours ahead...






5-min podcast review of 24 Season 7 Hr 6 - with special prediction of the FBI mole at the end

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except Janis helped Renee torture the guy in the hospital, and she seems worried about potential charges that could come from AG.I am thinking it is Sean's lover, Erica played by Ever Carradine. We know she is sneaky (affair), that she is able to lie, that she has inside info. from Sean (diverting his wife's plane), and she is more peripheral to the action. That's my guess at this point anyway. Action packed season so far!

Anonymous said...

Nina's the mole.. oh wait wrong season. I think I'll have to second Ken about Erica.

Paul Levinson said...

Hey, Ken - but Janis really had no choice but to help Renee in the hospital, and she tried at best at first not to. Now, what the show wants us to think is this is because Janis is by-the-book, against torture ... but an alternate explanation was she is on the side of the bad guys...

Anonymous said...

Paul, you're right about Janis' reluctance, which was defensively portrayed by Garofolo, and could indicate another side to her character.

My sense about Erica is that I believe she could pull it off. Janis, as you say, hasn't wowed us with her talents, in a way that Henry's secret service agent has. She's too nervous. I'd go Sean before Janis. Erica, Sean, Janis.

InfiniteRegress.tv