"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Obama Wins in Iowa!

I'm delighted to see - according to MSNBC and CNN at this moment - that Barack Obama has won the Democratic Iowa caucus!

As I wrote here last week, I'd be happy with any of the Democrats getting the nomination, but I'm happiest about Obama. In a state with no huge African-American constituency, an African-American has won the primary caucus. That says a lot about how America is finally getting beyond the racism which has plagued us for so long.

On the Republican side, I'm glad that Mitt Romney lost. He comes across programmed, inauthentic - or, as I pointed out months ago, like a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica.

Ron Paul had a respectable showing of 10%. Fox News: get your heads out of your posteriors, and put Ron Paul into your Presidential debate this weekend, lest you become even more of a laughing stock in political coverage than you are right now.

No comments:

InfiniteRegress.tv