Saturday, June 16, 2007

John from Cincinnati: Day Two

So, I saw the second episode of John from Cincinnati on HBO On-Demand the other night ... and I did like it a little more than I liked the first ...

There was some real tension as Shaun, the grandson, gets his neck broken in the surf ... though it was also pretty obvious that this was just a set-up for John to be able to further demonstrate his magical powers (which also seem to be helping Butchie kick his drugs)...

There was some humor, of sorts, with John pretending to "dump," and being praised by Butchie for great "fume control"...

I don't know what to say about this series - it has to be one of the most peculiar things I've seen in a while, maybe ever, on television.

But amidst the inscrutable and bizarre characters, there are some side people I'm beginning to recognize and like - Luke Perry as a promoter, Emily Rose as a film maker, Luis Guzmán as motel manager is always welcome on the screen - and that's always a good sign.

And come to think of it, I'm also enjoying writing about this series, and that should count for something, too - at least, for me...

So, yeah, at least for now, I'm still watching...

See also reviews of other episodes Episode One ... Episode Three ... Episode 4 ... Episode 5 ... Episode 6 ... Episode 7 ... Episode 8 ... Episode 9 ... Episode 10

See also John from Cincinnati: The Meaning in a Sentence or Two

Post a Comment
InfiniteRegress.tv