As I've hinted at and even said point blank in previous reviews, this finale is fabulous, in terms of action, surprises, and changes that will affect all of Banshee that comes after. In short, it is one best season finales of any series I've seen, and is well worth waiting for.
One way of telling you what the finale is about without giving away specific details is that there are at least five significant deaths. There actually are far more deaths, but by "significant," I mean characters who have played some sort of major role on the show. Here's more about these deaths -
- none are by natural causes (sorry, couldn't resist, you already knew that)
- 2 are heartbreaking, and 3 are very satisfying
- the 5 deaths take place in 3 different locales
- in 1 of the 3 satisfying deaths, we don't know until the point of death that this will happen, and in fact it looks up until that point that the killer will be killed
- all 5 deaths in retrospect are completely logical - but 2 are out of the blue, and in the case of another, we didn't see it coming at all
- The episode contains the best flashback sequences we've seen so far in the series.
- Romantic commitments of sorts are made.
- Family matters continue to evolve.
- There's a great kick, at the very end, into what we will be seeing in Season 3.