"Paul Levinson's It's Real Life is a page-turning exploration into that multiverse known as rock and roll. But it is much more than a marvelous adventure narrated by a master storyteller...it is also an exquisite meditation on the very nature of alternate history." -- Jack Dann, The Fiction Writer's Guide to Alternate History

Thursday, July 5, 2007

NY Times David Pogue sings "I Want an iPhone" to "My Way"...



A great new lyric to "My Way," by The New York Times's David Pogue - a paean to iPhone....

Notes -

1. Pogue can carry a pretty good tune.

2. The bald guy is great - I'm wondering if he is a ringer? Nah ...

3. The New York Times says "no rights reserved" at the end of the video - this shows real savvy and awareness of the power of viral marketing. Kudos to the NY Times for breaking free of 19th-century corporate possessiveness.

Much better and more true than all the news that's fit to print...

See that, the iPhone is having beneficial effects on music, videos, and newspapers already...

See also: Hats off to George Hotz ... iPhone Arrives - I Predicted It in 1979 and iPhone Boosts Literacy and History Lesson: iPhone Sales Will Exceed Expectations and iPhone: Not Better iPod But New Species of Media... Nano iPhone and the Dymaxion Principle ... Harry Potter and iPhone ...


and ... I'll be talkin' iPhone on my weekly KNX1070 Sunday interview, 7:20am Pacific time, July 8

6 comments:

syferium said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"2. The bald guy is great - I'm wondering if he is a ringer? Nah ..."

LOL As far as I can tell, I'm the only bald guy" in Pogue's video so I'll assume you mean me. :)

No ringer, just a radio show host. :)

Paul Levinson said...

Ha - you were great, Shawn! Keep up the good work/singing!

And welcome to Infinite Regress!

Paul

Paul Levinson said...

PS - What radio show do you host?

Anonymous said...

Shawn is the host of Your Mac Life, http://www.yourmaclifeshow.com
check it out for all things mac.

Anonymous said...

"Ha - you were great, Shawn! Keep up the good work/singing!"

LOL I'll keep dong the show but the singing will be restricted to inside my motorcycle helmet. :)

InfiniteRegress.tv