"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Monday, February 23, 2009

24 Season 7 Hour 10: Jack and Renee

24 completed its first story line in fine style tonight - lots of action, angst, and fast-moving strategy.

My favorite scene was Jack and Renee, in the hospital. We saw part of this in the coming attractions - Renee slapping Jack, saying she just wants to know if he feels anything about the people who die. What came after was even better. Renee putting her head on Jack's shoulder, Jack comforting her, Renee pulling away, Jack walking away and warning Renee if she ever pulls a gun on him again she'd better use it, Renee retorting I would have, this time .... As I've said before, I think they make a good couple (though, enough already about goading poor Jack about Terry)...

Clearly, Jack and Renee will be back together as the season continues.

But the battleground is changing. Sean and Erica both were the moles, and they're taken care of (Dawn, one of my Infinite Regress readers, was right about Erika, after all!) (looks like I was wrong about Janis - but you still never know).

Chloe and Bill were both heroic in this part of the story. But, with the White House under attack next week in a two-hour episode, everyone's going to have all they can do to save the country. Excellent that Tony is back (another fine scene with Jack and Tony sitting on the steps across from the Washington Monument). Should be good - and, there's got to be a major mole in the White House itself, and I'm still not liking Ethan (that is, I'm thinking he may be a bad guy).



See also: Hours 1 and 2 ... Hours 3 and 4 ... Hour 5 ... Hour 6 ... Hour 7 ... Hour 8 ... Hour 9 ... Hours 11-12







Special Discount Coupons for Angie's List, Avis, Budget Rent-a-Car, eBags, eHarmony, eMusic, Nutrisystem












The Plot to Save Socrates



"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book


more about The Plot to Save Socrates...

Get your own at Profile Pitstop.com



Read the first chapter of The Plot to Save Socrates
.... FREE!

5 comments:

DeputyFife said...

You gotta love this season. I think this has been the best so far, and I wish our actual Presidents where as good as this 24 President.

dawn said...

I was so happy to be right on this one,womans intuition you know. Next week looks excellent , I wonder how the daughter will fit into this. Can't wait to see next week

ED said...

Hey do you guys think that the next attack is on the White House, and that is the reason why the secretary for the mayor paused when he received the message from the Juma Regime. The attack was in place and he was heading over to the White House--the area of attack. Also, President Taylor's daughter is in the White House. So, that is quite interesting.

Also, I have a feeling Tony will do something questionable towards the end of the season. You can just see it in his acting, and his history warrants such an action.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this season...I agree that one of the best scenes this week was Jack and Renee in the hospital. Am I the only one dying to see them get together??

Paul Levinson said...

I'm hundred percent with you - I think Renee and Jack are soul mates.

InfiniteRegress.tv