"I went to a place to eat. It said 'breakfast at any time.' So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance". --Steven Wright ... If you are a devotee of time travel, check out this song...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

24 Season 7, Hour 7: Ticking Chain Reaction

One of the best things about dynamic Season 7 of 24 is the way subplots are wrapped up so quickly, pitching Day 7 into new crises, related to earlier ones. The ticking chain reaction has always been the essence of 24....

Hour 7 wrapped up the CIP thread, without any more mass casualties. The plant manager in Ohio made an heroic Edgar-like exit, but Jack, Tony, Renee, Bill, and Chloe had already destroyed the CIP, and sent Ike Dubaku on the run. Did I say how much I like this team? Jack and Renee are great, Bill never looked better, Chloe's in fine sarcastic form....

But Hour 7 also, sort of, wrapped up Tony - he's not proceeding with Bill's group. We may see him later in the day, though.

And now the story is shifting to the First Gentleman. Dubaku will soon have him hostage, which will put a new kind of pressure on the President. But she won't give in. (I'm not sure, by the way, why the U.S. force has not been deployed already in Sangala - President Taylor mentioned something about the exit strategy not being fully in place. But I thought everything was set to go.)

And there's still the question of the mole in the FBI, and the mole in the White House. I'm still putting my money on Janis. Obviously, we're going to see everyone at the FBI unit working as hard as possible against the bad guys, until some decisive moment when the mole reveals her or himself...

Great season so far!

See also: Hours 1 and 2 ... Hours 3 and 4 ... Hour 5 ... Hour 6






The Plot to Save Socrates


"challenging fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"a Da Vinci-esque thriller" - New York Daily News

"Sierra Waters is sexy as hell" - curled up with a good book


more about The Plot to Save Socrates...

Get your own at Profile Pitstop.com



Read the first chapter of The Plot to Save Socrates
.... FREE!

7 comments:

dawn said...

I don't think it is janis I think it is the woman having the office affair with i don't know the name the guy with the wife in the plane. I think she is the mole. Remember she got the plane with his wife down before anythiong blew up

Paul Levinson said...

That's Sean, Dawn (hey, rhymes) ... but I think he's way too obvious...

MC said...

I liked the reference to John Brunner myself. It was a nice wink to Stand on Zanzibar.

Paul Levinson said...

Say more, Matt - I read Stand in 1974, loved it, but other than the corporate warfare and McLuhanesque structure and the brother and sister falling in love with each other, I can't recall a thing...

dawn said...

NOt Sean Paul the woman he had the affair with the blond, Shes the mole.

MC said...

The novel involved the corporate takeover of a fictional West African nation which would soon be taken over by its neighbors and erupt into civil war when its benevolent and stable leader died.

One of the main characters if I remember correctly was also a deep cover spy/analyst who is working against the general aims of the others.

And of course, the montage style also lends itself well to comparison to 24.

Paul Levinson said...

Ah, ok, Dawn - the blonde - but I still think Janis would pack more punch...

Thanks, Matt - yeah, you're right about the deep cover, and of course the fictional African nation - good call!

InfiniteRegress.tv